Scroll down to see BAA courses that have been revised and approved by the Langley School Board for use in Langley Schools. If you require a BAA course in Word Format (to customize), please email Karin Wright at email@example.com.
Process for New Board/Authority Authorized Course Proposals:
Seek approval from your school Principal
Principal will contact Director of Instruction for approval to proceed with proposal
Read the Ministry BAA Courses Guidebook
Complete a BAA Course document – BAA Form 219-1
Principal to review BAA Course document
BAA Course document sent to Director of Instruction for review
BAA Course document to Board for approval – see below from District Admin Procedures – AP 219
- All Board/Authority authorized courses must be authorized by the Board.
- Proposals for courses, not intended for graduation credit, shall be submitted on the District’s Proposal: Locally Developed/Non-Ministry Course form (Form 219-1). Those courses at the grade 10 – 12 level intended to be used for graduation credit shall be submitted on the Board/Authority Authorized Courses Course Description
- Course program submissions will describe:
- The procedures utilized in creating the submission, including teacher involvement.
- The educational rationale for such a course, including the need for a Board/Authority authorized (BA/A) designation.
- The course content; the procedures for selection of learning resources, which must comply with this administrative procedure; the anticipated methodology to be utilized; the student evaluation criteria; and the link, if any, to other school or District programs.
- The anticipated budget equipment and facility requirements, including a listing of proposed course fees and the anticipated amount and type of travel, and
- The impact of the course or program on existing courses or programs; on the school’s operating, learning resources and equipment budgets, and on the school’s facilities.
Grade 10 Courses
Grade 11 Courses
Grade 12 Courses