- All students should view themselves as mathematicians by embodying dispositions such as:
- curiosity and a sense of wonder
- sense making
- Students learn best when teachers model and nurture a growth mindset, encourage risk-taking in problem solving, and value mistakes as learning opportunities.
- All students should have access to high quality, purposeful tasks that consider students’ strengths and interests.
- All teachers should explore mathematics as lifelong learners and remember that our attitudes influence our students.
Please click below to view the Practices and Beliefs about Teaching and Learning Mathematics