We have two recommended resources to use for Socials 4-7. Our main resource will be the Nelson Socials resources detailed below.
Detailed Information: http://www.nelson.com/bc/nelson-socials/
One Page Cheat Sheet Specifically Created for Langley: Pearson Socials grades 4-7 Orientation
Nelson Socials is a new, comprehensive series that helps students become active, engaged citizens with the ability to think and communicate critically, historically, and geographically. To gain a deeper understanding of their world, students are encouraged to ask questions to discover content through Curricular and Core Competencies. Authentic First Peoples voices are also infused through a variety of sources and perspectives to build ways of knowing and learning from the past and present.
• Customized, engaging content provides complete curriculum coverage of all Learning Standards
• Active learning is encouraged through the use of a variety of sources and inquiry-based activities
• Embedded Curricular and Core Competencies support Social Studies skills and processes
• Authentic First Peoples voices focuses on learning through the First Peoples and Principles of Learning
• Comprehensive teaching support has been developed for easy implementation