Primary Balanced Literacy Guide
Click below to access the pdf.
In the primary classroom we believe:
- All children should view themselves as readers and writers.
- Children need to be engaged in authentic daily reading and writing activities, at their instructional level and of their own choice.
- Children learn best when teachers are great literacy motivators.
- Literacy means not only to read, write, speak, and listen, but also to use language to learn, think, and communicate effectively.
- Classrooms need to be print-rich and to contain a wide variety of reading materials, resources, and technology to support a child’s literacy development.
- Children need to enjoy reading and writing and develop life-long literacy habits.